How Much Does SEO Cost?
The cost of SEO services varies because your company has a different starting point and needs from a search engine optimization standpoint to improve your organic rankings. Fixed SEO pricing packages do not take any of this into consideration.
As a result, some contracting companies paying $500 a month for SEO should be paying $1,500 a month to generate the leads they are looking for online.
Furthermore, some companies paying $2,000 a month for SEO only need to be paying $500 to get the results they are looking for.
Either way, prepackaged SEO fees work against you. Because of this, Contractor Marketing Network doesn’t have fixed pricing. Instead, we do an audit and our homework to understand what you need, and then quote SEO pricing that fits your needs.
How Much Do SEO Services Cost?
Your SEO monthly cost depends on a number of factors. Here are the main things we look at to determine the cost of your campaign.
On-site SEO pricing factors
- How well does your website currently communicate to humans and search engines? How much work is needed to improve communication?
- Is your website responsive?
- How fast does your website load?
- Do you have service/product pages for your targeted keyword phrases?
- Do you have supporting pages for longtail keywords?
- Do you have optimized title tags?
- Do you have optimized meta descriptions?
- Do you have optimized header tags?
- Do you have optimized body content?
- Are your images optimized?
Off-site SEO pricing factors
- How many backlinks do you have?
- How many referring domains do you have?
- What is the quality of those backlinks?
- Are you being or have you been penalized by Google?
- Do you have a good anchor text distribution?
- Do you have links pointing to interior product/service pages?
- How many citations do you have?
SEO Competitive factors
- Who is on the first page of Google for your targeted keywords?
- What is their domain authority?
- What is their page authority?
- How many backlinks do they have?
- How many referring domains do they have?
- What is the quality of their backlinks?
After reviewing these SEO factors, it tells us how much work is needed to make your website SEO-ready. Plus, how much content creation and link building will be needed given your competitive position. With this knowledge of how much work you need, we are then in position to give you not just packaged SEO price, but the right price to get you the SEO results you are looking for.
Our SEO Services Pricing Guidelines
Your SEO campaign and pricing will fall into one of several categories, depending on strategy and scope of work. These categories are as follows:
- Local SEO pricing typically ranges between $400 – $1,000 per month for single-location campaigns targeting small to medium-sized cities. Such as Cherry Hill, NJ and Wilmington, Delaware as an example.
- Local SEO pricing increases for multi-location campaigns, and single-location campaigns targeting large cities. Such as Philadelphia, New York City and Baltimore as an example.
- National campaigns generally cost more than local campaigns and can start around $3,000 per month.
- Niche products/services with lower search volume and competition carry a smaller price tag in the $300 a month range.
- When competition is medium to high, SEO pricing moves up accordingly.
- E-commerce sites SEO with hundreds to thousands of products normally carry a higher cost due to the number of pages requiring optimization, platform complexities and higher levels of competition. These campaigns can run in the $10,000+ range.
Monthly SEO Services Cost Variables
Month-to-month SEO services are normal, since getting SEO results usually take a few months or longer to achieve. There are situations where monthly SEO services make sense for contractors based on budget.
If a keyword or location service page is important to rank for. But with a high difficulty based on competition or present ranking of your key page it could cost say $1,000 to rank that page/keyword/service. But, you only have the budget for $300 a month. Therefore, you can still get the results, it just takes longer to get them. And that is where a month to month SEO service works for you.
Your contracting company SEO plans may want to have ongoing search marketing campaigns so you can expand your web presence to more areas or offer more services to the areas you serve. This is another monthly SEO service cost to consider.
Ongoing monthly SEO services are quite lower than a fast tracked SEO blitz campaign.
SEO Campaign Trials
Testing a new SEO agency is the common reason for monthly SEO services. Committing to a 6-month plus contract is a scary thought. If your construction or service company is not yet ready to make such a commitment, working on a month-to-month basis for a moderate period of time is your best option.
Why are some contracting companies are reluctant to sign a long-term SEO campaign contract?
- Bad Experience
The No. 1 reason we hear is past experience. Many companies have been burned in the past by getting involved in an SEO campaign with an agency that was a poor fit or not ethical.
- Quick Fixes
A company is changing domains and rebranding, and is worried about losing many years of built-up domain and page authority in the transition.
At times, these short-term needs become long-term relationships.
Other short term SEO services that can be done at a flat rate, not a fixed rate are:
- Keyword research
- Competitive analysis
- Detailed SEO audits
- Plan a lead generation process
- Content strategy and SEO copywriting
- Content marketing
- Strategic SEO and Content consulting
SEO Cost Conclusion
As you can see there are many factors in pricing an SEO service for your company. Our advice is to get to know you SEO service, get a short term month to month or pay as you go SEO service. This way you are not locked into a cheap fixed price or long term contract that may be a disaster in terms of results and budget.
Are you interested in how you stack up
against your competition?
Get Your SEO Audit
As a small business and contractor search engine optimization agency, Contractor Marketing Network, a SEO consultant in New Jersey, we understand how to improve your search engine rankings. We begin by determining the effectiveness of your current campaign through a quick SEO audit.
Our SEO audit analyzes a specified page for any targeted keyword or key phrase. Why do we examine only one page of your site at a time? Our audit tool is directly aligned with Google’s ranking algorithm, which ranks Web pages, not entire websites. It provides accurate results and useful tips for improving your organic search ranking.
Our paid SEO audit researches your Web page for most of the 200 Google ranking factors.
We analyze keyword usage, webpage copy, social media, mobile friendliness, page links and much more. The report concludes with a list of actionable tasks for optimizing your website to get more traffic from Google and other search engines such as Bing, Duck Duck Go and more.
Our Paid SEO Audits are $300.00
We also offer a FREE website audit.
Although it is not a detailed or comes with a plan. You will have a report on some of the things we see that can improve your website.