Words sell. How are your words in your emails, on...Read More
4 Ways to Get More Website Traffic
You built a website and then, no body showed up. You are not alone with this problem. In this article I am going to show you how to get more website visitors for your small business and give you some example from some of my clients. Plus, we will explore how to get more website visitors affordably.
I want you to understand there are four ways you get more traffic (people) to your website.
- Organic Website Traffic. This is the way most small business think of when they design a website. The “If I build it, they will come” mentality. It doesn’t work like that. To achieve this, you need to be active in getting your website found. This is not a build it an forget it type of thing. To do this you need to perform search engine optimization or SEO. The better you rank, the more website visitors you will get. Think of it this way, how often do you go to page two when you search?
- Paid Website Traffic. Paid traffic is where you pay to place your website URL in areas where people are searching for what you have to offer. Platforms like Google Ads and Facebook Ads. This is a great way to buy website traffic, but if done wrong can cost you money, with little return.
- Website Traffic You Own. This type of traffic is people you know or have their contact information such as their email. Maybe you got their email from giving them an estimate for a remodeling project or they actually filled out that subscribe to our newsletter form on your website. No matter if it is a past customer, a prospective customer or someone in your network, you own this email list and can/should be using it to get traffic to your website.
- Social Media Traffic. If you are not actively using your social media accounts to push traffic to your website, you are missing out on the main reason of having a social media account for your business. Sure, it is nice to get likes or have someone comment on your posts, but to pay the bills, you need website traffic from your social media accounts.
Now that we have that out of the way, onward to “How to use these four ways”.
Organic Website Traffic
What is organic website traffic?
Visitors who are considered organic find your website after using a search engine like Google or Bing, so they are not “referred” by any other website.
When you created your website, your plan was to have people, hopefully customers magically find your website. They would call the number and book an estimate, visit your shop or some other way you lead people to become customers.
You designed the website, but did not get many, if any customers from it. Surely, not enough to sustain your business.
Think about this:
- How many competitors do you have fighting for the first page of Google?
- What is it worth to be on page one of the search results page (SERP)?
- Do you have any idea how many more visitors you would get if you did rank on the first page of Google, Bing or Yahoo search engines?
So, what are you to do to get these results?
You perform search engine optimization on your website. Also known as SEO.
SEO is the only way you will get your website to rank higher in the SERP (Search Engine Results Page).
You can’t pay Google and get a spot at the top.
Or can you? (more on that below)
Other then having no competition for the services you provide, without SEO your chances of creating a website and getting to the first page are slim and none. Slim just left the building, so you have no chance.
You can do it yourself, or hire it out. If you are not tech savvy, have time, it is best left to a professional SEO agency.
(Shameless plug) Contractor Marketing Network performs SEO tasks for clients. We are not an SEO guru, but we get good results.
If you have been in business for any length of time, I am sure you have been spammed to death with all types of people telling you they could get you to first page of Google or they found technical errors that they could fix on your website.
Here is one that my client got this morning:
My name is Thomas and I am a Digital Marketing Specialists for a Creative Agency.
I was doing some industry bench marking for a client of mine when I came across your website.
I noticed a few technical errors which correspond with a drop of website traffic over the last 2-3 months which I thought I would bring to your attention.
After closer inspection, it appears your site is lacking in 4 key criteria.
1- Website Speed
2- Link Diversity
3- Domain Authority
4- Competition Comparison
I would love the chance to send you all the errors that at least give you a gauge on the quality of what I do.
If you are interested then please share your Phone number and requirements.
Our prices are less than half of what other companies charge.
???digitalseo @ gmail
Yawn, hits spam and goes about the day.
Be careful on who does your SEO tasks on your website. It could be a money drain with little to no results.
To understand SEO is more than this article is about so let’s move on to the next way to get more traffic to your website…paying for it.
Want FREE Help to Get More Website Visitors? Click Here.
Paid Website Traffic
What is paid traffic?
Paid traffic is any customer that visits your website after you have paid for advertising promotions. … Google AdWords and Facebook are two of the most popular platforms used to generate paid traffic to websites, but there are also many other paid traffic sources.
Paid ads are a great way to get people to visit your website, make sales and hopefully do it in a profitable way. To bad, this is not always the case and businesses waste a lot of money on paid ads.
That being said, when done right and in the right mix of the other three ways to get website traffic, paid ads can be a life saver, or in this case a business saver.
For my clients (contractors and service businesses) we run paid ads when the schedules have holes in them.
- Are there times you could use a boost in business or fill a schedule gap?
It is also a great way to get website traffic for certain keywords, products or services that you don’t quite rank well for. So, while you are performing SEO to rank for that keyword, product or service, you pay Google to place your ad on the first page.
Remember when I said you could pay to be on the first page of the SERP. This is how.
Another way to get website traffic to your website is with Facebook ads and other social media ads. Facebook ads when done right with the right marketing objective and plan in place can be a great cost-effective way to push people to your website.
- Have you had success with paid ads?
The most important part in having any success in paying for ads is to have a plan and a sales funnel in place. Keep this in mind. With driving paid traffic to your website with Facebook ads, you are not trying to sell them. You are trying to nurture them from visitor, to an opportunity, to lead and then to a customer.
To many businesses go from do you want to go on a date to marry me in one click. That is why they waste money on Facebook ads with little to know return.
Facebook ads are a courtship.
Always think of how you buy things. You may see something that interest you on Facebook, you research it, you do more research and if the ad is well planned you may purchase it.
(Full disclosure: If you are here from one of my paid ads, I have a plan in place for this content)
Enough with the spending money to get traffic, let’s move on to some FREE ways to get people to your website.
Start getting more visitors to your website today!
You’ll never regret getting more website visitors.
Fill out the form and start growing today!
No strings attached, FREE help, proven system any one can do it. Now its your turn.
Website Traffic You Own
What is website traffic you own?
Short answer, any contacts you have. Email, phone, text, Facebook messenger and even addresses.
If you have been in business for a month or decades you have collected any number of email addresses, mobile phone numbers or even customer addresses.
Instead of letting them sit in a shoebox in a filing cabinet or wasting away in your contacts folder, put them to use.
- What are you doing with your contact list?
All my full marketing service clients have a company newsletter (another blatant plug). It goes out once a month with any news, blog articles and other useful information to the emails they have collected over the years.
Though it is not the highest rate of website visitors you will get, it is one of the best. When it comes to spikes in sales, filling in schedule gaps, getting referrals/reviews or customers calling you for more projects. Newsletters are the ticket.
Plus, they keep you top of mind with prospects, customer and people in your network.
The key here is you own this traffic source, put it to good use. Push people to visit your new article about whatever it is you do. Push people to read or see the before and after pictures you have on your website.
Website traffic leads to more sales, more authority and business growth.
Don’t let your list collect dust. Use it to generate traffic.
- Are you thinking of how you can put your list to work?
Which leads us to the last traffic source most business let collect dust, sit idle or forget they even had it.
Website Traffic from Social Media
What is Social Media Traffic?
Engage with Your Target Audience Consistently:
Social media helps you connect to your target audience directly. You can interact with your audience, get feedback in real-time, and better your customer experience.
Consistent engagement with your audience can boost traffic to your social media profile and website.
Believe it or not, social media is not a fad. It is evolving and is here to stay. You are on it. I am on it and so are your customers.
- What are you doing on social media to fire up your business & get more website visitors?
You need to post content that is education, entertaining and community based in order to get more website traffic to your website. You can not make posts that are all promotional. If that is what you are doing, you will kill the chances of having a successful social media account for your business.
When you keep people engaged with your page, with other things, other then promotional stuff, when you do post something promotional, it gets more results.
No on likes to be advertised to on a constant basis.
Yet, when mixed in, it works and drives traffic to the places on your website you want them to go.
Social media is a great place to get your new offers, company updates and inform people of what is going on in your business.
You need to have a social media content plan in place so it meshes well with your overall marketing goals and one of those goals is website traffic. Or at least it should be.
I keep an eye on my client’s website traffic in Google Analytics.
- Have you check your website analytics lately?
One thing I look for is the ratios or percentage of where they are getting traffic.
Their website traffic sources are important. For social media, I like to be right around 15-20% of the website traffic totals.
You made it and I thank you for reading this article. To wind up this article, how can you get more traffic to your website using one or preferably all these traffic generating methods?
If you need some personal free one on one advice or have any questions, I don’t bite.
Website Traffic Examples in Google Analytics
Take advantage of our FREE 30 Day Website Traffic Program.
You will get:
- 4 proven systems to grow your website visitors.
- A checklist to make it easy to perform the systems.
- How to measure results and what they mean to you.
- An experienced professional to guide you to success.